Purchasing Workflow provides a sophisticated workflow engine with configurable rules, routing and approval functions. An easy-to-use requisition interface creates documents that are controlled through the workflow process.
Purchasing Workflow enables organizations to tightly control & manage their procurement system.
Unlimited workflows can be designed to handle different requisitioning requirements. The workflow engine centrally manages each requisition based on a collection of rules and routing decisions:
- Ability to default all information (other than item number and quantity), including vendor, GL code, and cost
- Handling of stock and non-stock items
- Templates can be used to load a list of standard items
- Allows different vendors on different lines
- Vendor selection is controlled at the item and user level
- Ability for the requisitioner to view the status/progress of a document through the workflow
- Integrated with PJC, allowing Job-Related requisitions to be entered
- Document value and Authority Level values
- A documents contents, for example, the presence of capital items or non-stock items
- Date based User substitutions
- Support of multiple authorizations on a single transaction
- Event Log of all workflow & approval events
Once a requisition document is fully approved, the workflow engine can further process the document in several different ways – create PO, pool & consolidate PO’s, or use Internal Issues to fulfill requisitions directly from an inventory store.
A critical component of Purchasing Workflow is the Notification Engine which delivers timely information to parties involved in the requisition / approval process. Source documents can be automatically attached to notification emails.
The Notification Engine supports major email platforms including Gmail, Office 365, Exchange, Lotus Notes, and Groupwise.
Purchasing Workflow provides the ability to monitor and manage documents that are either within or have completed the workflow process:
- Approval Console, to present and collect approvals from individual users
- Ability to escalate overdue user approvals
- Management Console, allows managers to review documents currently in the workflow process for their assigned cost-centers
Cost Centres are a pivotal feature in Purchasing Workflow providing the organizational purchasing structure, management, and GL segment override settings.
Availability & System Requirements
ERP Editions: Standard, Advanced & Premium
Databases: Microsoft SQL Server, Oracle & Pervasive
Web Deployable: Yes
User Configuration / Security
At the time of Requisition or Purchase Order, the user can select from their restricted list of Cost Centres and Workflows that determine the handling of the source document.
- General Ledger
- Accounts Payable
- Purchase Orders
The substitution facility allows users to nominate another user to carry out their approvals while they are on leave.
Integrated Modules (optional):
- Inventory Control
- Project & Job Costing
- Internal Issues (by PTS)
- Funds Availability (by PTS)
- Workflow Documents (by PTS)
- Vendor Catalogs (by PTS)